The treasurer shall take charge of the treasury office and shall:
- Advise the mayor, the sanggunian, and other local government and national officials concerned regarding disposition of local government funds, and on such other matters relative to public finance;
- Take custody of and exercise proper management of the funds of the local government unit concerned;
- Take charge of the disbursement of all local government funds and such other funds the custody of which may be entrusted to him by law or other competent authority;
- Inspect private commercial and industrial establishments within the jurisdiction of the local government unit concerned in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances,
- Maintain and update the tax information system of the local government unit; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.