Established in 1850 by the Spaniards, Pinamungajan is a second class town located in between Aloguinsan and Toledo city.
The town has 26 barangays with a mostly Catholic population under the Sta. Monica Parish Church.
The name of the town comes from the Cebuano word “pinamu-ohan”, which means a worker’s share in the harvest, depicting the mostly agricultural community.
Pinamungajan is one of Cebu’s largest producers of coconut, milkfish and other agricultural products.
It is part of Cebu’s third legislative district.